Quote Originally Posted by yusasen View Post
Just last question.
1-How can I remove all packages other than drivers and install VBox.OSE from knoppix. ?
2-Where Knoppix locates Virtualbox configuration files ?
1. I don't think many care to know exactly which packages are minimally needed, so I would suggest you check out the package selection in some minimal distro, preferably a Knoppix derivative, and compare that package selection with the one in your running Knoppix version to single out candidates for dropping. You will find some hints about tools in remastering notes. But very often, you just ask for problems when you discard seemingly useless packages.
2. I would be a bit surprised if Knoppix has its own way of storing configuration files for a standard program like Virtualbox, and if you find it has, I think you should contact Klaus Knopper about it. At least the startup-script virtualbox-ose in /etc/init.d seems to be the generic one. Knoppix normally does things the Debian way, which may differ from other distros. Whenever a program becomes a central tool to me, like Virtualbox clearly is for you, I find out as much as possible about the setup from manuals, howtos etc