Quote Originally Posted by Capricorny View Post
All your programs and user data reside within /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/knoppix-data.img. Make a backup of that file - you really should already have done it!
Then you can start 6.2.1, install it by whatever method, and then copy the image back afterwards.
Can we update old threads once every year or two? Pruning?
My query is twofold: Is this backup information still correct?

ALSO: I installed 6.2 from a validated CD and upon updating to 6.2.1 encountered the libisc52 conflict which nobody anywhere has been able to resolve (that I've seen from 2 days of google searches.) Is it necessary to back up and reinstall with a fresh 6.2.1 CD to resolve this?
I can do that because I created a new partition on a half-empty drive to put 6.2 on in the first place.
THANKS.

And, PS, this is the only forum I've been on in the last year where the mods and regulars don't flame the noobs. SRSLY. Ubuntu forums are horrible for attacking and harassing people who ask simple questions. God forbid you ask the ubuntu staff for root! [cringes....]

THANK YOU FOR BEING CALM. [And, answering questions instead of attacking the questioner.] EADZ and others have responded nicely to me before, thus I'm joining permanently.

Don Lee
CEO Ungoth Inc. (Game development)
Broker, Coastal Keys Real Estate, Kirkland WA USA (day job!)