Very good overall, some bugs have been fixed, like
- Compiz now seems to work with all screen resolutions
- VMware products seem to run without recompilation of kernel, as was necessary for me in 6.2

Some persist, like
- External screen resolution is still not detected properly, same shit as in 6.2, it was correct in 6.0.1.
- Same package conflicts, or worse. (Of course depending on package.) Now I can't even install K3b when running from the CD version, in order to burn the DVD! Must use another tool for that.

Some possible new, but may depend on errors in my unverified install. (Slow burning and right md5sums though)
- Screensaver locked up, asking for password, without being set up for that. Had to turn machine off.
- Didn't create persistent image after asking for size and getting correct parameter. Manual setup of image worked, though.

Update:
I could not make the DVD created from the ISO image boot, but used the CD, creating a first USB stick. Booting from that, transfering the system to a new stick. Loop-mounted the ISO image, and copied the KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX image to the new stick. (Plus the manually set up persistent image.)
Eliminating stable(!) from the repositories seemed to reduce the package conflict level somewhat, and i could get my R-2.10.X.
KDE users may have hard times getting everything to work with new installations - I stick with LXDE for the moment, and use a few KDE tools like Konqueror and Kaffeine. Works OK for me.

I think it's time for Ryumbeke's tricks getting more widely used, avoid working with the CD/DVD altogether.

Conclusion so far:
With the known kernel header bugs in 6.2, everyone with a need for compiling modules etc should rather start off with 6.2.1 than go by the kernel recompile route.
Graphics is improved a bit, everything just feels more tidy. But don't expect to find your old favorites all gathered on the DVD. I would not recommend using 6.2.1 with much less than 3GB persistent image, even starting from the DVD, if you are going to install/upgrade some packages. And you probably are.

That people stay with 5.X has its natural reasons, but I think 6.2.1 has removed most (but not all) of the reasons for using 6.0.1 instead of 6.2.X. I think we should direct all newbies to 6.2.1, unless some really, really grave problems show up. (In which case I think Klaus will be quick to release a bugfix.) Another piece of solid work by Klaus, thank you!