1. “Yes” is OK. I can’t find how to rid off this. Normally, e2fsck –y or –p options should serve to skip confirmation, but in this case e2fsck is double precaution and asking for confirmation. As /cdrom was mounted to access knoppix core; there is no other way to check its umounted file system except using Linux booted in other way (the same situation with root / when you boot any hd installed Linux). That is why, script checks if /cdrom is mounted as read-only, and checks it next. As there is not much activity from /cdrom, it’s up for you to check it, or not at each boot. You can uncheck this line in knoppix.sh (placing # at the line beginning).

2. 80M – from where, and where?? I did not install programs in /ramdisk and it was around 5M for both knoppix and root. It may be downloading, or tmp , especially if you unpacked archives. First, try cleaning Trash bucket from desktop, both for knoppix and root.
But I prefer direct approach: open – mc - in terminal, next, open /ramdisk directory, and press (in mc) F9-c-i . It’ll calculate directories sizes. Open the biggest, and again F9-c-i . Find where is this 80M ???? If in /tmp – delete files (you may also delete mc tmp folder, but not big problem, reboot). Inform if something is going strange. Is there any links from within /ramdisk?

Best, Alex
P.S. See updated (in several hours) post for program installation.