Hoping I'll not the only one who wants to use V6.2.1 but needs KDE

I am posting my knoppix v6.2.1. remove LXDE and add KDE re-mastering scripts.
Beware this is very much a wip with many trial and errors merely remarked out.
The other point that I need to make is that some of my listed steps may thus prove unnecessary.

The scripts are developed from my V5.3 scripts based on the info from the wiki re-mastering site.
Three scripts install1, install2 & install3.
sda3 holds all additional files and sda4 is where all the re-mastering takes place.
Boot from v6.2.1 cd, have the scripts previously copied to fdd, mount fdd, copy them to / and run ./install1.sh

There are a couple of pre-requisits:
Additional files required on sda3
startx-startkde-start_kdeinit-start_kdeinit_wrapper from v5.3
dpkg.deb (see later)

Add your nameserver IP ( and route info if required )in install2.sh etc, I never got around to putting into a variable

Note
1 - My first re-master into KDE all of my menu entries running as user root a pop-up box would ask for root password. Although I googled and tried many things in the end as a work around I changed my user from knoppix to root. This is option 3 in my install1 menu

2 - Option 2 removes LXDE and installs KDE. I was forced to downgrade dpkg prior to installing KDE.
I feel this will give me problems in the future, does anyone know a way around this?

3 - Is the lenny-backports the correct place to install KDE from?

4 - Nothing was working in my chroot until I added to install2:
/etc/init.d/dbus start
/etc/init.d/acpid start
Does this sound correct, should I add others?
I tried adding hal but it failed.

5 - Kwite displays a blank page when loading files from my samba share, yet fine when I copy
the same file to my home directory and then re-open it, it is then OK.

6 - Same script does not work on V6.2 but in structure they look very sinilar.

7 - Finally, cannot get V6.2.1 ( original or re-mastered) to pxe connecting to an NFS share.
V6.2 does work however. Thankfully ruymbeke's customised miniroot does work for V6.2.1
over a CIFS share. More info here:
http://knoppix.net/forum/threads/115...ot.ini)/page61

Here are my scripts (please let me know if there is a better way of posting code):
UPDATE scripts to follow in following posts due to exceeding character limit