Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by ruymbeke
In this zip you will find 2 directories: grub.bin with includes some binaries useful for other people setup and
Root_Of_NTFS which you will need to copy the content ino the root of your NTFS partition.
since I am a total Linux newbie I dismissed your post at first and tried my hand at the topologilinux grub version [which also works]. Since I didn't fancy having to fix after every defrag or copy, I googled and thought a bit further and tried your solution.

Reason for my post: the above sentence threw me of track, since my goal was to have grub on a FAT16 active partition, and then loading Knoppix from my OS-NTFS-partition. Your solution works for this case as well: perhaps evident for any old linux hand, but not for everybody just leaning a bit out of windows <g>. It also works loading Knoppix from the same partition and from a FAT32 (just tested it for the fun of it).

Now I just have to figure out which cheatcodes [what is bootfrom ??] to put where in the grub menu file and perhaps play a bit with DOS-floppy images for old times sake before jumping deeper into pinguin infested seas

thx a lot

thomas