Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: The Stupidest Thing You'll Hear Today

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2

    Angry The Stupidest Thing You'll Hear Today

    Ok...so incredibly stupid question/scenario: I've just started working with a HDD-installed Knoppix environment. I right-clicked on the desktop and went into the preferences window, where I accidentally disabled being able to right-click on the desktop. Now I want to re-enable that functionality (this is the menu where you modify your desktop image, etc), but the only way I knew of getting to that settings window was by selecting the option from the right-click menu :P Would anyone happen to know if that menu runs a particular executable to bring that window up? Or maybe if there's another way to re-enable the menu itself? Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    I think that it would be helpful if you could tell us which version of Knoppix you have installed and which desktop environment you are using.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus2008 View Post
    I think that it would be helpful if you could tell us which version of Knoppix you have installed and which desktop environment you are using.
    You're definitely right. I'm sorry for leaving that out. It's Knoppix version 6.4.4, which I believe runs lxde with compiz fusion (although I don't think the latter plays a role). I've been out of the Linux loop for quite some time (my latest Linux box had a 600MHz processor), so hopefully that isn't too out of the ballpark.

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    ... it's a bug of "PCManFM".

    With PCManFM 0.9.8 within Knoppix 6.4.4 I get the same result, if I select 'Extended/ show Menu..'

    Changing the value of "show_wm_menu" from "1" to "0" in
    '/home/knoppix/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/pcmanfm.conf' and re-login, I get the old behaviour.

    Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
    Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.4.4 remaster)

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7
    I have done the same thing with Knoppix 6.2.1 but I have been unable to locate the pcmanfm.conf file. Is it different in 6.2.1?

    Gary Schulz
    webtek/Florida USA

  6. #6
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    .. but I have been unable to locate the pcmanfm.conf file. Is it different in 6.2.1?
    ... try in a console
    Code:
    find /home/knoppix/ -name pcmanfm.conf
    Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
    Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.4.4 remaster)

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Try /home/knoppix/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/pcmanfm.conf

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7
    I still haven't been able to find pcmanfm.conf but I have solved the problem. In the PCMan File Manager (Ver 0.5.2) that I use there is a selection available in the Edit function on the menu bar that allows you to set preferences and under Preferences you get a box that allows you to set the Desktop features and there you will find a selection under General that allows you to select the desktop menu from the Desktop.

    Many Thanks for the help though.

    Gary Schulz

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$169.99



Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA picture

Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA

$325.00



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$250.00



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor

$59.99



AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked picture

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked

$79.99



AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY picture

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY

$39.99



DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5

DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND

$179.99



Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex picture

Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex

$159.99