what version of knoppix? cd/dvd?
look at this: http://www.robo47.net/blog/197-Setti...0x1080-Display
please keep us informed at how your doing![]()
Hello. This is my first post. I am not too familiar with the ins and outs of Knoppix but it has worked great for me recovering files off older Dell laptops, D630 or so. I now am trying it on a new Latitude E6510. I choose to use the Graphical Interface in the first menu and then the full X session in the second menu. The gui display never came up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
what version of knoppix? cd/dvd?
look at this: http://www.robo47.net/blog/197-Setti...0x1080-Display
please keep us informed at how your doing![]()
Thanks. I read through that post and some of the comments. I know nearly nothing about Linux, just using Clonezilla and Knoppix and playing around with Ubuntu a bit. I simply don't have time for that kind of depth, given the time it would take with my current skill set.
ok, what happens if you use the boot option
xmodule=vesa
Just give that a try
Hi MKLinux and welcome to the Knoppix forums.
The same question has come up a number of times recently on these forums. Sometimes the person asking the question admits to having a Dell Latitide, sometimes they claim to have a GEForce to make the Japanese weep. Seldom do they realise they have an Nvidia graphics chip.
This means that, as they dilligently read the release notes at http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/knoppix64-en.html while waiting for their download to complete, they fail to realise that the section:
Known Bugs & Workarounds
is addressed to them.
At the very start of boot, when Tux is posing for Gallileo, at the boot: prompt, enter:
and see if that doesn't do the trick.Code:knoppix nomodeset xmodule=nv
I was first able to get back to this now. I tried Forester's advice and it worked right away. Thank you to forester and dinosoep!

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99
Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$693.00
Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00