I am also struggling with these, but have no solutions to offer as yet.
I've created a Knoppix 6.4.3 USB drive from the CD and set up persistent storage.
When I change the desktop background, or adjust PCManFM settings (e.g. preventing partitions automatically mounting), they are lost when I log out of LXDE (which then starts a new LXDE session) or reboot Knoppix. The contents of ~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/pcmanfm.conf seem to get reset.
I've tried deleting and recreating the persistent storage (knoppix-data.img) and deleting the ~/.config/pcmanfm directory so that it gets recreated.
Anyone else see this, know what's going on, or know of a solution?
Thank you
I am also struggling with these, but have no solutions to offer as yet.
Thanks for confirming it's not just me. Here's a workaround I've discovered:
Configure PCManFM settings and the desktop as required.
Copy the settings to "LXDE.conf" in the "pcmanfm" directory:
$ cp ~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/pcmanfm.conf ~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE.conf
Recursively remove knoppix's write permission from the pcmanfm directory structure:
$ chmod -R u-w ~/.config/pcmanfm
Obviously subsequent changes now won't persist.
I boot into Knoppix from a USB drive to back up my OS system partition. If PCManFM auto-mounts all partitions, this could affect the integrity of my backups.
Thanks.
I've added 'umount -r /media/sda3' to my rc.local file.
My main ntsf file then initially shows as unmounted unless OS icon is
single-clicked on PCManFM. Pretty slim protection.
Peculiarly, and fortunately, other ntsf files on
sda1 and sda2 are not automatically mounted by default
as is sda3 here.
This is a bad choice of default in PCManFM and a critical
error somewhere in the init structure of K6.4.3 IMHO.
I'd like it to be difficult for knoppix, the user,
to access my ntsf files.
I note several other places where changed default choices do not
survive re-boot in K6.4.3 that were no such nuisance in K6.2.1.
These include the cube background jpg, firewall settings, and
alsamixer settings.
When I had a similar problem in 6.2.1, kl522 offered
the following suggestion, which I now understand:
Edit /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart
such that the @pcmanfm line reads @pcmanfm --desktop
That is, delete the --profile LXDE.
I think this will empower the PCManFM gui's to control
desktop preferences as one would expect.
Cheers, and belated thanks to kl522.
[QUOTE=utu;122417
Edit /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart
such that the @pcmanfm line reads @pcmanfm --desktop
That is, delete the --profile LXDE.
.[/QUOTE]
This worked like a charm for me![]()
I opened the autostart file in LeafPad but when I try to save the edited file back into LXDE I get the message 'can't open file to write'. Anyone help me out?
... you must be root to change this file. Start with 'Run' and type 'gksu leafpad'.
Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
"Build personal Recovery-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix remaster)"
Thanks Werner
The problem which initially defined this thread
has been corrected in Knoppix 6.4.4.

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00
Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00